Friday, February 15, 2008

Not Bad for a Weekend




by albenks


Nothing tastes better than fresh Friday airconditioned office air. Uhh-hhmmm... In a few hours, i will be wiping away all traces of this week from my memory with some nice food and a drink or two. Probably put in a partial harakiri in there, for good measure.

It didn't help that Monday and I got off on the wrong foot. which pretty much ruined the remaining days of the week. Sorry Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but your sister M was a real B.

But Friday.. oh Friday i will always have a sweet spot in my heart for you. Just thinking about you makes my gums numb... and that's a good sign. There is nothing like a good weekend to wipe away a whole week's mess. The real challenge however is how to make the most out of this little slice of time.

I'd like to inspire myself by recalling what i did last weekend. On Saturday, I attended a friend's wedding... quite refreshing. But even as a guest, it's hard to concentrate specially if you get so used to shooting weddings. my trigger finger kept twitching.

Well, Sunday was a little more exciting for me. We did a shoot for one of my old orgs in college and it was a real nice trip. I enjoyed the shoot mostly because someone else was holding the reins. I just love it when someone else is responsible for me.. Thanks to my old buddy Francis (and I mean old, he's either 28 or 64, it's hard to tell), I think it's going to turn out real great.

What's it about? Well, it's a short video message we were hoping to show during the 32nd Anniv Night of our old org, UP Batangan. That's right, ladies, I hail from Batangas, also known as the Land of the Rising Sun. No, that's Japan. Well, google it if you really want to know what we're known for.

Anyway, it was a pretty sharp concept. The visual style is crisp and the message, golden, thanks to our wonderful writers. Can't really tell you much more except that well, aside from you'll probably sprout goosebumps when you watch it, organizing everything took a lot of work. First, it's was hard to get everyone together. Let alone contact the, let's just say, 'more mature' alumni population. And second, the challenge of weaving all these personalities, from different generations, into one grand evocative narrative.

Ok, enough promoting. Here's some snaps:


We had some pretty young alumni showing off their pearly whites here.

Francis( in black) making ever-so-slight posing adjustments. Actually, i really don't know what he's doing here. probably just posing for the camera.

Tata, my brand-new wife, or as I call her, Big Boss. From the look on her face, she looks like she can get used to this.

Yep, that's right. I like to put on a ton of makeup and look gay. Exactly the look I want onscreen.


Kudos to Francis the producer and all around nice-guy. Thanks Big Boss Apaul for keeping my batchmate in line.

The BatangueƱos as we finished shooting . Ok, the guy to the left isn't really from Batangas. But his accent is pretty damn close. So, well.

With our production crew.

Thanks to all the alumni who took the time to go to that weekend shoot. Special mention to Tiano, Ella, Joan, Redel, Eugene, Carina, Apaul, Francis and everyone who helped organize and put this thing together.

Also, our gratitude to the production crew who helped us through these dark times.

Now, to edit down.

No comments:

Pages

About This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blog Archive